Music for the soul. Words by the fire. Stories for telling in songs and memories.Welcome to Our World.
We are Gadigal Information Service Aboriginal Corporation.
Everyday a little more for the Dreaming.
Our services develop and present the inherent and multi-faceted story telling of Aboriginal Australians and other First Nations peoples through our own broadcasting, online and physical spaces.
In all that we do, we remember the Gadigal, the original custodians of the land on which GIS is located and pay respect to all the Aboriginal Elders past, present and future. Our connected spaces can contribute to the greater and ongoing Dreaming that sustain us all.
Gadigal Information Service is the media arts hub that launches creative Kooris and all the other mobs around us into the space where they can perform at their best.
Live ‘n Deadly
As community radio station Koori Radio 93.7FM 2LND and Kr00 Koori Radio Digital, we broadcast live from Redfern, inner Sydney. You are most welcome to follow us. And try to keep up. We too Live ‘n Deadly.
Facilities you can support
Our Kameygal recording studio, one of Sydney’s best, is available for hire as a stand alone or with our own talented personnel. All hire supports our training and development program for young Koori musicians, producers, sound engineers, technicians and much more.
Our outside broadcast van travels to community as much as funding and resources allow. On country live broadcasting puts the soul back into Sydney. When additional funding allows, we will archive these broadcasts and much more in our Digital Keeping Place. Our OB van also travels across NSW whenever regional funding allows for our Young, Black & Deadly workshops, which build confidence and skills in our Koori youth towards careers in media arts.
Our annual celebration of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander cultures would not happen without the support of volunteers, apply now.
Applications for stalls at Yabun Festival 2015 re now closed.
- Gadigal currently are reviewing our radio Programming Grid. If you are interested in having a radio show on Koori Radio 93.7FM Click to view the opportunities.
- Gavin Ivey is our new Program Manager. Gavin was a previous Koori Radio broadcaster and has been involved with Koori Radio for several years. We look forward to Gavin leading the Media sector and radio team to achieve the objectives and strategies for radio and media communications.
- Lola Forester is back and better than ever! Lola was appointed the Blackchat Presenter. You can catch her Monday to Friday, 9am to 12 noon.
- Emily Nicol is the new Making Tracks Presenter. Making Tracks is a new program covering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts, culture and music. Emily is providing a light entertainment drive time show. You can catch Emily Monday to Thursdays, 3pm to 6pm and on Fridays, 3pm to 4pm.
- Blanche Biles has joined the team as the Administrative Officer. Blanche will provide reception duties and administrative duties to the CEO. If you have any enquires about membership, contact Blanche.
- Danielle Tuwai has joined the team as the Artist Development Coordinator. Danielle will coordinate and manage the Artist Development Projects such as Gadigal Music and Klub Koori and other events as required.
In respect of our cultural traditions, we advise that this website may contain images and references to deceased people.